Strategic Imperatives are recognised as the UK market leaders in fixed line provisioning with award-winning multi-carrier solutions for Local Loop Unbundling, Wholesale Line Rental, Fibre and traditional broadband as well as the channel premier SaaS billing platform.
Our products are used by 200 of the UK’s largest communication providers to manage millions of lines, traditional broadband and fibre connections.
Our ground-breaking SaaS billing platform Elevate, has shaken the stagnant billing market through its innovative approach. The platform’s real-time engine, streamlined user experience, comprehensive integration framework and revolutionary hyper-scaling technology is redefining an outdated process that has become a barrier to growth and puts billing at the heart of our customers’ ability to flexibly bill for any product, service or event.
Elevate has won multiple prestigious awards including 'Best Channel Software Product of the Year' at the Comms Business Awards and 'Best Innovation' at Comms National Awards.
We are looking for a highly motivated senior Software Engineer to join our team in Lisbon as we continue to enhance and extend our award-winning billing platform Elevate and refine its architecture. Are you used to working in an international team, thrive on solving technical problems and have a strong focus on quality in your work? Then you might be the ideal candidate.
Join a company where you matter
INSCALE is a growth partner dedicated to fostering business and personal development. We are a community of people who practice our craftsmanship in all we do. We aim to multiply our contribution through collaboration to make great things happen.
At INSCALE, you will be a vital team member for Strategic Imperative, working with autonomy and responsibility to enhance your skills in building and delivering software solutions. With a supportive and informal management style, you will be free to grow and develop in your role and in your career.
Strategic Imperative is a future-focused company that develops and provides solutions that support commercial opportunities for the telecoms industry. When you join the team you will enter into a dynamic and forward-thinking tech company. We have a relaxed work environment based on trust and flexible hours. You will be part of a multicultural team working on and developing Elevate. Elevate has won multiple prestigious awards including 'Best Channel Software Product of the Year' at the Comms Business Awards and 'Best Innovation' at Comms National Awards.
In this role, you will engage with the whole development team to ensure well-executed work processes for the development, testing, and implementation of robust solutions related to Elevate. Now is the time to join an ambitious and growing SaaS company.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Deliver high-quality, robust solutions ensuring automated test coverage to prevent future regression.
· Contribute to ensuring smooth/accurate planning of work and provide accurate estimates/updates of work in progress.
· Help to elaborate and groom tasks - taking a test-driven approach to reduce manual testing/bugs and prevent future regression.
· Mentor junior engineers, helping them to improve through pair programming, code reviews, etc..
· Engage with the whole development team, participating in technical discussions/forums/demos.
· Help support the successful delivery of new features, improvements, and bug fixes to our customers.
Skills and Experience
· Around 5+ years' experience in designing, building, and delivering scalable, fully tested software solutions.
· Experience in creating microservices and implementing REST APIs.
· Experience with Java, Spring, Docker, Git, and Hibernate.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Nice to have
· Understanding and interest in CI/CD and DevOps practices and tools like Jenkins (preferred).
· Experience with automated testing frameworks like Junit (preferred).
· Experience with code quality tools like Sonar or Codacy (preferred).
· Knowledge of (and ideally commercial experience in) cloud platforms such as AWS.
BSc/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline OR relevant years of experience in required skills.
Seize the opportunity to join a market-leading company that is rapidly expanding through innovation. You can become a valued member of a team that fosters a friendly and open atmosphere, where the focus is on those who contribute to the continuous growth of the company.