Strategic Imperatives are recognised as the UK market leaders in fixed line provisioning with award-winning multi-carrier solutions for Local Loop Unbundling, Wholesale Line Rental, Fibre and traditional broadband as well as the channel premier SaaS billing platform.
Our products are used by 200 of the UK’s largest communication providers to manage millions of lines, traditional broadband and fibre connections.
Our ground-breaking SaaS billing platform Elevate, has shaken the stagnant billing market through its innovative approach. The platform’s real-time engine, streamlined user experience, comprehensive integration framework and revolutionary hyper-scaling technology is redefining an outdated process that has become a barrier to growth and puts billing at the heart of our customers’ ability to flexibly bill for any product, service or event.
Elevate has won multiple prestigious awards including 'Best Channel Software Product of the Year' at the Comms Business Awards and 'Best Innovation' at Comms National Awards.
Inscale is currently hiring for our client Strategic Imperatives (https://imperatives.co.uk/). Strategic Imperatives are recognised as the UK market leaders in fixed line provisioning with award-winning multi-carrier solutions for Local Loop Unbundling, Wholesale Line Rental, Fibre, and traditional broadband as well as the channel premier SaaS billing platform.
We are looking for an experienced and influential hands-on lead Software Engineer to join our team as we continue to enhance and extend our award-winning billing platform Elevate and refine the architecture underpinning it. This is a key role with genuine responsibility and decision-making latitude that will have a measurable impact on our product development strategy.
You will have the responsibility in all aspects of delivery from a hands-on as well as technical leadership perspective; including contributing to planning, elaborating requirements, solution design/architecture, development and deployment.
• Day to day leadership of engineers ensuring they understand the goals and their tasks, whilst getting accurate status/estimates and providing technical assurance of work completed.
• Learn and maintain the 'big picture' of the solution, along with helping to set and deliver the future technical road-map.
• Collaborate with other senior development team members for technical design and decisions.
• Contribute to ensure smooth/accurate planning of work and setting of project goals/milestones.
• Help elaborate and groom requirements into tasks for engineers to work from - taking a test driven approach to reduce manual testing/bugs and prevent future regression.
• Manage any technical or project risks, escalating as necessary.
• Work with a security focused mindset to ensure a strong and resilient solution that safeguards the business and customers.
• Champion best practices, development process and coding standards; mentoring others to improve.
• Engage with the whole development team, participating in and sometimes leading technical discussions/forums/demos.
• Ensure the successful delivery of new features, improvements and bug fixes to our customers.
• Around 7+ years' experience in designing, architecting, building, and delivering scalable, fully tested software solutions - hands on.
• Thorough understanding of software development fundamentals e.g., design patterns, data structures, algorithm design, OOP, etc.
• Experience of leading and developing a team within a small company environment.
• Advanced knowledge and experience of creating REST microservices and backend development using Java, Spring, Docker, Git, and Hibernate.
• Strong interest and knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps practices and tools like Jenkins (preferred).
• Experience with automated testing frameworks like Junit (preferred).
• Experience with code quality tools like Sonar or Codacy (preferred).
• Commercial experience in cloud platforms especially AWS.
BSc/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline OR relevant years of experience in