Client : Napier Technologies Limited
Industry : Other
Napier Technologies Limited is a Big Data start-up company in Central London (Smithfields/Farringdon). Advanced AML platform designed and built by leading experts. We replace or reinforce existing AML processes, identify previously unknown threats and strengthen controls. Our goal: to combat evolving threats and reduce financial and reputational risk. Our product ingests large amounts of data then enriches and scores it in flexible ways to allow anomalies to be detected and dealt with. We have an underlying platform with generic capabilities and then build industry-specific solutions on top of that that solve real-world problems. In the finance sector we provide a solution around Anti-Money-Laundering and Transaction Monitoring and have a blue-chip partner who takes our solution to market. Version one of our product is live and deployed in real, revenue earning, world-wide projects Transaction Monitoring and have a blue-chip partner who takes our solution to market. Version one of our product is live and deployed in real, revenue earning, world-wide projects.
We are currently assisting Napier to extend the development team in Kyiv.
For this team, we are looking for an all-around Scala Developer. What’s critical is the ability to own and solve problems end-to-end in creative and agile ways. Knowing how to research and use OSS, how to approach a problem, how to fit work into an existing product, and how to design your solution to fit the deadline is important to the client. If you can show evidence of an exceptional software development background we’d love to talk.
Our stack is Elastic, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, Angular with Docker/Mesos/Marathon for deployment. You’ll get the opportunity to work on leading-edge technology, trying out ideas and new ways to solve problems before getting them into production environments.
• At least 2+ years’ experience of Scala development (or strong Java experience with some recent commercial experience in Scala and willingness to switch)
• Scala experience building back-end micro-services that run using Docker
• Experience building REST / JSON based endpoints
• Linux background (Ubuntu or RHEL)
• Confident Git user
• Ability to pull tasks from the backlog rather than waiting for a push
• Upper-Intermediate level of English
• Ability to work as a part of international team spanning several time zones
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to align own activities with project requirements seamlessly
• Working withing Agile teams
Would be a plus:
• Experience in Play, Akka, Cats, GraphQL libraries
• Experience in Apache Spark, Cassandra, or Elastic Search
• Experience in any/some of Kafka, Akka Streams, SSL, knowledge of messaging systems, high scale/volume data processing, Big Data, etc.
• Expertise in delivering/supporting/testing a data product, ideally at SaaS scale
• Experience in Kubernetes and/or Podman
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Сandidate may be required to travel from time to time depending on the project requirement
• Creative, challenging and fast-growing product
• Autonomous team structure with a lot of freedom and ownership
• Opportunities to own development start to finish
• Broad and advanced technology stack – huge opportunity to learn
• Friendly and dynamic work environment
• Informal style of leadership and communication
• Opportunity to enjoy working with senior engineers, architects, scientists, and managers that understand the value of technology