Client : Napier Technologies Limited
Industry : Other
Napier Technologies Limited is a Big Data start-up company in Central London (Smithfields/Farringdon). Advanced AML platform designed and built by leading experts. We replace or reinforce existing AML processes, identify previously unknown threats and strengthen controls. Our goal: to combat evolving threats and reduce financial and reputational risk. Our product ingests large amounts of data then enriches and scores it in flexible ways to allow anomalies to be detected and dealt with. We have an underlying platform with generic capabilities and then build industry-specific solutions on top of that that solve real-world problems. In the finance sector we provide a solution around Anti-Money-Laundering and Transaction Monitoring and have a blue-chip partner who takes our solution to market. Version one of our product is live and deployed in real, revenue earning, world-wide projects Transaction Monitoring and have a blue-chip partner who takes our solution to market. Version one of our product is live and deployed in real, revenue earning, world-wide projects.
Currently, we are assisting Napier in extending a team of talented specialists who can hit the ground running and take the product to the next level. Napier is a product company, providing advanced Anti-Money Laundering (AML) solutions to over a hundred customers around the world.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to assist the development, services and support teams manage multiple environments, products and rollouts.
You will be extremely familiar with the Linux operating system (Ubuntu and RHEL, ideally), shell scripting and use of tools such as curl to manage multiple third-party tools.
Working knowledge of SSL communication and key/certificate stores would be an advantage.
You will have experience in both deploying and configuring third party software on Linux and using tools such as Ansible to build deployment and configuration scripts.
Knowledge of Terraform and Azure is a plus.
The technology stack is Elastic, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, Angular with Docker/Mesos/Marathon for deployment and Grafana/Prometheus for monitoring. Knowledge of some of these, along with their associated management tools would be an advantage. You’ll get the opportunity to work on leading-edge technology, trying out ideas and new ways to solve problems before getting them into production environments.
Our technologies are all distributed and make use of clusters so experience in managing clusters of servers would be an advantage.
You will be responsible for multiple environments used by various teams. You will also be responsible for building utilities for the development team to make developing software more efficient. For example, scripts to configure a local environment in a specific way for debugging purposes.
The role is based in Kyiv and will work alongside the development and test teams based in that office.
• At least 3+ years’ experience
• Experience using tools such as cURL against REST / JSON based endpoints
• Linux background (Ubuntu or RHEL, Secure Linux would be excellent)
• Experience in deploying and configuring distributed solutions
• Product experience, as opposed to projecting (roadmaps, upgrades, migration, versions, multiple streams)
• Git user
• Upper-Intermediate level of English
• Ability to work as a part of an international team spanning several time zones
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to align own activities with project requirements seamlessly
• Working within Agile teams
Would be a plus:
• Experience in Build/Deployment tools (Jenkins, Drone.io, Ansible)
• Experience deployment/management of any/some of Kafka, HTTP, SSL, Key/Trust stores, VPN configuration, knowledge of messaging systems, large scale/volume data processing, Big Data etc.
• Experience using Mesos and Marathon clusters with Docker images/registries
• Experience in Terraform and Azure
• Experience in Cassandra, Kafka or Elastic Search at scale
• Kubernetes and Podman experience
• Experience in delivering and supporting a data product, ideally at SaaS scale
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Сandidate may be required to travel from time to time depending on the project requirement.
• Creative, challenging and fast-growing product
• Autonomous team structure with a lot of freedom and ownership
• Opportunities to own development start to finish
• Broad and advanced technology stack – huge opportunity to learn
• Friendly and dynamic work environment
• Informal style of leadership and communication
• Opportunity to enjoy working with senior engineers, architects, scientists and managers that understand the value of technology
• Health insurance including dental care, inpatient/outpatient treatment, massage, etc.
• Flexible working arrangements
• 20 workdays of annual vacation
• One additional day-off on a team member's birthday
• Free English classes
• Modern office facilities in the city center (Gulliver BC, Palats Sportu metro station)
• Team buildings and fun activities
• The dynamic and friendly work environment
• Snacks in the office