Client : Blue Prism
Industry : Software Development
As the pioneer and market leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Blue Prism is the trusted, secure choice for Intelligent Automation available on-premises, in the cloud, or as an integrated solution in a hybrid cloud environment. Blue Prism offers the connected-RPA Platform, an advanced technology ecosystem that puts the power of accessible, advanced cognitive technologies in the hands of operational leaders.
At Blue Prism, we have users in over 150 countries in more than 1,800 businesses, including Fortune 500 and public sector organizations, that are creating value with new ways of working, unlocking efficiencies, and returning millions of hours of work back into their businesses. Our Digital Workforce is smart, secure and accessible to all; freeing up humans to re-imagine work. https://www.blueprism.com/
Blue Prism is a market leader in the Intelligent Automation and Robotic Process Automation domain with more than 1000 employees worldwide. In line with the establishment of their new Development Centre in Lisbon, we are looking for an experienced and passionate Software Development Team Lead to join the pioneer team. Apply now if you are interested to join a innovative and dynamic company with the latest development technologies.
To support our expansion, we are seeking an experienced and professional individual to join our development team with primary responsibility for researching, designing and implementing enhancements and fixes to our market-leading application.
The successful candidate will be a strong collaborative team player who thrives on technical challenges within a fast-paced environment, applies sound judgment and enjoys working as part of an agile team.
Your key skill will be delivery of high-quality product increments using best practice agile techniques, and object-oriented development, unit testing, and clean coding. You will coach and mentor team members in various coding methodologies, patterns & practices, testing practices, and tools that complement the software development process. You are a self-starter who finds solutions and is easily able to adapt to new technologies.
In this role, you will be able to balance your passion for technology with commercial awareness and be able to communicate with business stakeholders in a professional manner.
• Team appraisals, recruitment, line management responsibilities
• Make system design and decisions on current generation and green-field projects, involving and collaborating with the rest of the development team
• Develop application architecture that is scalable, reliable, available and manageable
• Work with the Development Manager and the team to consistently move the software development process forward in terms of agility
• When in a sprint team, work closely alongside product owners, developers, QA, etc. to ensure epics/user stories are delivered to high quality and pragmatically
• Provision and maintenance of skills assessment within the team
• Highlight requirements for Development Team infrastructure and tooling
• All-round technical skills, with demonstrable programming experience using C#
• C#.NET (5+ years)
• Knowledge or exposure of .NET Core
• Microsoft SQL Server, Transact SQL (4+ years)
• Object Oriented Development practices and principles (SOLID principles, IOC, etc)
• Unit Testing experience
• Modern source code repositories, e.g. Git
• Continuous integration / continuous delivery
• Awareness of common design patterns
• Agile development practices
• VB.NET (2+ years)
• Team leading experience
• Experience using ORMs (Entity Framework, NHibernate, Dapper)
• Application automation
• WCF, WPF
• Web Services
• Server-side web development such as ASP.NET, Web API, MVC
• CSS (SASS/LESS)
• Distributed systems design
• Test Driven Development
• Other non-MS / NoSQL database technologies
• Ambitious: strives for technical excellence and continuous improvement
• Proactive: has the drive for continuous learning and takes initiatives
BSc/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline OR relevant years of experience in required skills