We are currently looking for 1 Ruby on Rails Developer for our Digital Services and Project Management team in KL. The team is in the process of digitizing our company’s operation and developing a complete product suite as one integrated solution.
The development team is based in Kuala Lumpur and work closely with our Offshore Development Centers in Portugal, Macedonia and Ukraine.
To become a part of INSCALE’s team, it is important that you can understand business requirements and transform them into good software solutions. You must also be able to manage your own contributions and have good communicative skills in written and oral English. The position requires that you have a proactive attitude and that you are a good team player, who is willing to share knowledge with your fellow colleagues.
You will be working on internal projects, enhancing existing application, as well as developing brand new solutions. We're aiming at digitizing all our services into an integrated solution built on top of Ruby and Rails. Candidates should have strong hands-on experience in Ruby on Rails.
• Preferably 3-year experience in coding web applications with Ruby on Rails. Candidates with equivalent years of experience who are proven with solid coding skill on other technology platform will be considered.
• Experience in writing SQL with attention on performance.
• Experience in Bootstrap, jQuery, HTML 5
• Experience with RSpec
Nice to have:
• Experience in enterprise applications
• Experience in Test-driven development.
• Experience in Agile methodology.
• Experience in another web development language.
• Good understanding of PostgreSQL
• Experience building REST API back-ends
• Knowledge of CSS3
• Solid team player
• Attitude to learn and execute
• Analytical problem-solving skills
• Attentive to details
• A self-starter with minimal supervision
• Ability to understand business needs and transform them into software solutions
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or another technical field
• No Travelling is required for this role