We are currently assisting Fortytwo Data to set up a world-class development team in Kiev, Ukraine. For this team, we are currently looking for an all-round Senior Scala Developer. What’s critical is an ability to own and solve problems end-to-end in creative and agile ways. Knowing how to research and use OSS, how to approach a problem, how to fit work into an existing product and how to design your solution to fit the deadline are important to the client. If you can show evidence of an exceptional software development background we’d love to talk.
Our stack is Elastic, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, Angular with Docker/Mesos/Marathon for deployment. You’ll get the opportunity to work on leading edge technology, trying out ideas and new ways to solve problems before getting them into production environments.
• At least 5+ years’ experience of Scala development (or strong Java experience with some recent commercial experience in Scala and willingness to switch)
• Scala experience building back-end micro-services that run using Mesos, Marathon, Docker
• Experience building REST / JSON based endpoints
• Working knowledge of Apache Spark, Cassandra or Elastic Search at scale
• Linux background (Ubuntu or RHEL)
• Built distributed solutions
• Possibility to demonstrate technical responsibility for large service design and implementation.
• Product experience, as opposed to project (roadmaps, upgrades, migration, versions, multiple streams)
• Ability to pull tasks from the backlog rather than waiting for a push
• Fluency in English is a must
• Ability to work as a part of international team spanning several time zones
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to align own activities with project requirements seamlessly.
Would be a plus:
• Experience with Java, Python
• Experience with any/some of: Kafka, Apache Spark, Akka Streams, HTTP, SSL, knowledge of messaging systems, high scale/volume data processing, Big Data etc
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• In the initial period candidate will travel to London for 1 to 2 weeks to get introduced to the existing product and team members onsite
• Also candidate may be required to travel from time to time depending on the project requirement