Client : Inscale Asia
Industry : Offshore Outsourcing
INSCALE is a European offshore development company with offices based in Denmark, Malaysia, Portugal, Ukraine and Macedonia. We establish permanent development teams for European and Australian companies with ongoing development of software applications. Each team works as an integrated part of the customer's organization. We offer our employees an opportunity to work on exciting projects and learn the western development procedures and culture. We have an informal Scandinavian management style where you will have autonomy and responsibility allowing you to develop your skills and grow your value as an IT professional. We greatly value what our employees contribute to INSCALE, and always strive to reward our employees with challenging work and competitive environment. We are more than 500 employees representing numerous nationalities, which makes our work environment internationally oriented, diverse and encourages collaboration internally and regionally. For more information, see https://www.inscale.net/
We are currently looking for 2 Ruby On Rails developers for our Digital Services and Project Management team in KL. The team is in the process of digitizing our company’s operation and developing a complete product suite as one integrated solution.
The development team is based in Kuala Lumpur and work closely with our Offshore Development Centers in Portugal, Macedonia and Ukraine.
To become a part of INSCALE’s team, it is important that you can understand business requirements and transform them into good software solutions. You must also be able to manage your own contributions and have good communication skills in written and oral English. The position requires that you have a proactive attitude and that you are a good team player, who is willing to share knowledge with your fellow colleagues.
You will be working on internal projects, enhancing existing application, as well as developing brand new solutions. We're aiming at digitalizing all our services into an integrated solution built on top of Ruby and Rails. Candidates should have strong hands on experience in Ruby on Rails.
• 7 years of experience coding web applications using MVC Framework, including 5 years in Ruby on Rails.
• Good understanding of PostgreSQL including transactions & prepared statements
• Ability to understand the business needs and transform them into software solutions
• Self-driven and well-structured coding style
Nice to have:
• Experience building REST API back-ends
• Knowledge of Solr / Lucene
• DevOps experience (AWS EC2)
• Knowledge of Bootstrap, jQuery, HTML 5, CSS 3
• Hands on testing with Rspec, FactoryGirl, Selenium
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• A self-starter with minimal supervision
• Work autonomously and attentive to details
• Solid team player
• Attitude to learn and execute
• Analytical problem-solving skills
• B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or another technical field.
• No Travelling is required for this role