Mission Valory creates open-source software for co-owned AI, enabling joint operation and control of AI software for novel use cases in crypto, science, and enterprise. Our mission is to empower communities, organizations, and countries to co-own AI systems, starting with decentralized autonomous agents. Products We co-founded OLAS DAO (olas.network) and have created the first services using it and the Olas Stack(docs.autonolas.network). We have also built a hosted platform for removing DevOps hassle from running said services: Propel (propel.valory.xyz). Team Valory is the VC-backed team of engineers, researchers and commercial executors that raised a successful Seed round and executed a successful public token launch for the Olas DAO.
Our client is the first to enable co-owned AI, combining the best of web2 (complexity, AI) and web3 (full decentralization). Combining crypto and autonomous agent technology has seen growing interest in recent months, yet they have built it into Olas from the beginning after a Seed Round in 2021.
You’re a highly skilled and motivated Senior Systems Engineer with proven leadership experience who is aligned with our values. You will play a pivotal role in leading work on systems like Propel, managing a small team and freeing up the CTO.
• Take ownership of the Propel system and its associated components, overseeing its architecture, design, development, troubleshooting and maintenance, maintaining 99.99% uptime and working collaboratively to restore operations promptly after any outages.
• Manage the full systems development lifecycle, from requirements gathering and design to implementation, testing, deployment, thorough documentation and ongoing support.
• Collaborate with management to guide the evolution of the system's infrastructure and align the objectives of systems like Propel with the company's strategic goals.
• Liaise with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
• Identify system bottlenecks, performance issues, and potential areas of improvement, implementing necessary optimizations.
• Build efficient features in Python and frameworks including but not limited to Kubernetes, Terraform and asyncio.
• Lead, mentor, and guide a small team of engineers, fostering a collaborative and high performance work environment.
• Participate in Agile development workflow.
• Ensure the security, scalability, and reliability of systems you work on, implementing best practices and staying current with industry trends.
You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in systems engineering, architecture, design and development.
• A minimum of 3 years demonstrated leadership experience, including leading small engineering teams and driving project success, preferably in a remote environment.
• Alignment with our values, including mission over ego, clarity through writing and pushing the autonomous edge.
• Writing multiple programming languages on a daily basis, with a requirement of at least fluency in one of: Golang, Python or Rust (or another compiled or scripting language).
• Solid understanding of asynchronous programming and networking programming
• Familiar with Python frameworks such as Django, Bottle or Flask.
• Sound knowledge and demonstrable experience of best practices in chosen languages (e.g. for Python: linting, autoformatting, static analysis, etc.)
• Proven willingness to acquire new programming skills and concepts.
• Strong experience with testing (unit, integration, end to end) and CI/CD.
• Bonus: If you have Open-source and/or Web3 contributions
Soft Skills Requirements:
• Ability to work autonomous
• Converting things in easy way
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Fluent in English
• Bachelor’s Degree in Sc/BA degree in Computer Science or in any related discipline OR relevant years of experience in required skills.
• One week twice a year to meet with the team