Topdanmark is Denmark's second largest insurance company, and they are happy to have a wide and numerous ranges of customers, i.e. more than one million personal customers, every second Danish farm and one in six businesses in Denmark. Times are exciting in the Insurance space, and Topdanmark is making massive investments in IT projects and IT technology. The ambition is to offer customers some of the very best digital experiences on the market.
Topdanmark is a publicly traded company with headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark. Topdanmark has 2,100 employees across the country (350 IT employees). Their principal task is to help those people who have shown confidence in them by letting them manage insurance policies. Topdanmark offers an attractive workplace with high professionalism and job satisfaction. You will get to work with competent and motivated colleagues from both Malaysia and Denmark. Mutual trust and no micromanagement are headlines when working in Topdanmark.
For more information, see www.topdanmark.com
Senior DevOps Engineer is a crucial and advanced position within a software development and operations team. It involves a combination of development, operations, and collaboration skills to streamline the software development lifecycle, enhance the deployment process, and ensure the reliability and scalability of applications.
As a Topdanmark Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be working in the policy and claims administration space with Topdanmark’s business-critical Guidewire platform.
You will have the following responsibilities:
• To ensure that Topdanmark applies best practice for the ways we operate our Guidewire solution, by following principles for Devops, CI/CD, Collaboration, Continuous Improvement, Automated Testing and Feedback Loops.
• That the solution is scalable and grows with us as we put more and more modules and features into operations.
• That we have automated and high quality monitoring in place, and that this is enhanced along with the implementation project, so we stay on top of our KPI’s as the solution grows.
• That we apply proper principles to the solution for Incident, Problem and Change management. You will liaise with internal and external stakeholders and have a significant impact on how we design and apply operations principles.
• A large part of your job will be hands-on, implementing and quality-assuring methods to ensure a high operational quality (availability, scalability and predictability of go-lives).
• The right applicant is a senior person who is comfortable dealing with people from all levels of the organization.
• 60-70% of their time with hands-on Topdanmark’s system operations and management, troubleshooting ongoing incidents, performance tuning, problem management etc.
• 20% would be planning upcoming events such as new feature go-lives, core software upgrades/patches, security reviews, compliance reporting/updates.
• 10% would be collaboration with stakeholders such as department managers, operations teams for other core systems.
• A person with extensive experience with DevOps, from a mid- or large organization. Possibly a developer who has performed the transition to a DevOps role and now feels ready to take responsibility for our Guidewire platform.
• You have a good experience in Java programming.
• Knowledge with automated testing as a means to ensure fast and stable deployments and as a means to ensure systems stability.
• The key to the role is a person who has BOTH experience with the hands-on side of system operations, someone who can troubleshoot a system that is down, not performing or having other issues. AND who at the same time has a good sense of how software development works and how the two worlds can be bridged in the DevOps role.
• Someone who can understand system performance issues and provide solutions to fix it.
• Experience operating and supporting Guidewire systems.
• A person who covers classic operations areas such as Disaster Recovery, Risk Management and ITIL
• Senior enough to understand that compliance, security and overarching principles such as Disaster Recovery, Risk Management, Continuous Improvement (as per ITIL standards), Problem Management etc. are essential for KPI adherence.
• Consulting mind set. Listening to what people say and give advice.
• A teamplayer and have experience in working in international teams (incl. cultural awareness, virtual/remote working).
• A self-starter with minimal supervision required. Someone who can work individually within a team environment.
• Good written and spoken English skills and speaks up! You should be comfortable in low hierarchy organization.
• Easy going – and comfortable with direct communication among peers.
• To be proactive within the organisation and want to do more and experience new projects or tasks.
• Strong communication skills are required to communicate with team members, stakeholders, and end users.
• Ready to question, has a natural habit of sharing knowledge.
• A commitment to collaborative problem solving and product quality is essential.
• Be accustomed and comfortable working within a team-based, experimental agile environment (Scrum Team) that is centric to development.
• Ready for long term commitment.
B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another technical field.
Travel to Denmark for induction and subsequence travels depend on project requirement but is likely.
All successful applicants will receive an official invite within 2 weeks of your application to discuss the next steps in the Job Application.