Since launching in 2014, ComplyAdvantage has been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $100m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and are backed by Ontario Teachers', Index Ventures, Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs.
We aim to grow to over 350 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 500 enterprises across 75 different countries. We're leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission as the financial industry’s leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology.
We are building cutting-edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists.
For more information, check out our website: https://complyadvantage.com/
ComplyAdvantage is building cutting edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and they are looking for a Junior Kotlin/Java Developer to help their purpose.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Collaborate on code and designs with other team members, and proactively ask for help when needed.
• Be able to explain in detail the parts of the pipeline you're working in, including their features and how they’re deployed.
• Be able to explain to others the main problems we're trying to solve for our users.
• Participate in sprint reviews, and design meetings.
• Deliver code that is clearly written, well structured, with good test coverage, and with updated documentation.
• +1 year of experience in writing production grade Kotlin or JVM based-applications
• Have experience working with large scalable systems
• Experience building and maintaining REST APIs
• Test Driven Development
• You understand the importance of writing clean, reusable code, and have experience writing unit tests and its importance.
Nice to have skills:
• Experience working with cloud (AWS/ Azure/ GCP), or containerised infrastructure (Kubernetes/ Docker/ Jenkins) would be great, but an understanding of the concepts will help you on your way.
• Worked in an agile environment and experience in pair programming.
• It would be nice if you had experience working in a multi-disciplinary team (ML Engineers, SREs, Product)
• Experience on Kafka based applications
BSc/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline OR relevant years of experience in required skills.