The Santiane Group is an insurance brokerage company specialized in the design, comparison and distribution of health and provident insurance products for individuals and professionals. Since its creation in 2006, the group has grown exponentially, which is due to the use of advanced technical and IT resources developed in-house coupled with an exceptional effort in the training of sales consultants. The Santiane Group now has 200 employees in its Paris, Lille and Nice locations, as well as 100 employees employed by its subcontractors. The company collaborates with leading insurers (Axa, Generali, Malakoff Médéric, Mutuelle Bleue, etc.) and distributed in 2016 more than 100,000 new businesses through its B2C (Santiane - http://www.santiane.fr) and B2B (Néoliane Santé et Prévoyance - http://www.neoliane-sante.fr) businesses.
Currently, we are assisting Santiane in extending a development team in Kyiv, consisting of two PHP Developers, and one QA Automation Developer. We are looking for an enthusiastic Middle PHP Developer to enforce the team.
The position reports to the Product Owner and you will be responsible for improving the performance and reliability of Santiane’s application. For this goal, all the applications will be re-engineered step by step, using the CQRS model, and technologies like RabbitMQ.
You will be responsible for:
• Developing features, using scrum methodology, clearing backlogs, and working on existing applications
• Work on tasks received by the Lead and Product Owner
• Mainly Backend product development as the frontend development is covered by UI/UX team
• Defining sprints together with the Lead
• Business acumen/business savvy – ability to quickly understand the applications and think about how to make a good application
• At least 3 years of backend experience with PHP/MySQL
• PHP/MySQL specialist with Laravel knowledge
• Experience in containerization
• Understanding of MVC patterns
• No insurance domain experience required, only the interest to understand the business logic
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• A self-starter with minimal supervision
• Solid team player
• Attitude to learn and execute
• Analytical problem-solving skills
• Like to work in a dynamic and an international environment
• Work autonomously and attentive to details
A Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline