Since launching in 2014, ComplyAdvantage has been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $100m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and are backed by Ontario Teachers', Index Ventures, Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs.
We aim to grow to over 350 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 500 enterprises across 75 different countries. We're leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission as the financial industry’s leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology.
We are building cutting-edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists.
For more information, check out our website: https://complyadvantage.com/
We are looking for multiple driven, talented Senior Data Engineer across all our teams with the opportunity to work fully remote to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solution to help organizations prevent financial crime! We are building cutting-edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists.
The Platform & API team delivers the APIs and UIs used by our customers to access our systems. As a senior contributor to the team, you’ll help us all the way from making the right architectural and technical decisions through to building the system and giving customers using it the best possible experience.
We’ll be looking to you to bring your own ideas and experience, but also to bring out the best in others by coaching, mentoring and supporting those around you.
Within the team, we look to engineers to take responsibility for the quality of their code. Developers are expected to write tests, and take ownership of the systems that ensure the quality of our code. You will not only take part in this, but also coach others in the team end to end - from requirements through to production support.
Senior Data Engineer candidates should be able to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- You have experience writing production grade Python applications
- Have experience working with large scalable systems .
- You understand the importance of writing clean, reusable code, and have experience writing unit tests and it’s importance - TDD.
- Worked in an agile environment and experience in pair programming.
- It would be nice if you had experience working in a multi-disciplinary team (ML Engineers, SREs, Product).
Nice to have skill:
- Experience working with cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) or containerised infrastructure (Kubernetes/Docker/Jenkins) would be great, but an understanding of the concepts will help you on your way.
BSc/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline OR relevant years of experience in required skills.
We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we're committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field. No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
• Focus on the Team – You are Collaborative, Human, and Humble
• Kaizen – You are Curious, Proactive and Agile
• Deliver Results – You are Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
• We believe ComplyAdvantage is a place that thrives on energy, passion, teamwork and smarts.
• We offer flexible and fully remote working opportunities because we trust you to decide how you work best.
• We are proud to be pioneers; transforming the landscape and together we can make a difference.
• We have automated AML data generation. This has been a challenging task – requiring a radically different technical architecture, cutting-edge artificial intelligence, and the work of hundreds of developers, data scientists, and financial crime professionals.