Danske Bank is a Nordic bank with strong local roots and bridges to the rest of the world. For more than 150 years, we have helped people and businesses in the Nordics realise their ambitions. Today, we serve personal, business, and institutional customers and in addition to banking services, we offer life insurance and pension, mortgage credit, wealth management, real estate, and leasing services. In Denmark, Danske Bank’s roots go back to 1871, when Den Danske Landmands bank was founded. Through the years, the bank has grown through mergers with many local and regional banks. One of the most important mergers took place in 1990, when Den Danske Landmands bank merged with two other major Danish banks, making Danske Bank the largest bank in Denmark.
Danica Pension is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Danske Bank Group. We have regional offices in large towns around Denmark and a subsidiary in Norway, where we are experiencing strong growth.
We have about one million customers in Denmark and Norway. We specialise in pension schemes, life insurance policies and health insurance covers and we have total pension funds of DKK 500 billion with annual contributions of DKK 35 billion.
Work Life Balance (Minimal OT Required) The projects will be primarily cloud-based web and mobile solutions (built using the latest and greatest the cloud has to offer)
We are looking to expand our team development team in Kuala Lumpur.
You will be part of a development team that is working on state-of-the-art technologies in the finance industry to deliver quality solutions to our customers. You will be a full stack engineer in a diverse team of cross functional engineers that come from different backgrounds both culturally and technically.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be
• Part of developing quality solutions on a modern technology stack
• Designing and implementing new features that could include APIs, database design or integration with other systems inside the bank or with our third parties
• Ensuring that the right development methods are employed by writing unit and integration tests as defined in the existing framework that the organization has created
• Vocal and active in team discussions
• Collaborate with business and development teams across Denmark, Malaysia, Lithuania, and India
• Ensuring that the highest standards of integrity that the team has created with our business are maintained
• Applying your exceptional understanding of software architecture to designing flexible and maintainable solutions
• Sound understanding of object oriented and SOLID design principles
• Understanding of software design, architecture and development life cycle in Object Oriented Programming
• Hands on experience in C#, .net core, ASP.NET MVC in a multi-tiered architecture.
• Understanding of database and ORM frameworks such as entity framework etc
• A keen interest in test driven development and understanding of unit testing in C#
• Understanding of APIs and good API design
• Familiarity with source control systems such as Git
• Passion for developing tools to improve development process
• CI/CD, containerization, Docker and container orchestrations platforms such as OpenShift.
• Java, JAX RS
• Knowledge of queue systems such as RabbitMQ
• A solid understanding of agile and scrum
B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another technical field.