Client : Danica Pension
Industry : Pension
Danske Bank is a Nordic bank with strong local roots and bridges to the rest of the world. For more than 150 years, we have helped people and businesses in the Nordics realise their ambitions. Today, we serve personal, business, and institutional customers and in addition to banking services, we offer life insurance and pension, mortgage credit, wealth management, real estate, and leasing services.
In Denmark, Danske Bank’s roots go back to 1871, when Den Danske Landmands bank was founded. Through the years, the bank has grown through mergers with many local and regional banks. One of the most important mergers took place in 1990, when Den Danske Landmands bank merged with two other major Danish banks, making Danske Bank the largest bank in Denmark.
Danica Pension is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Danske Bank Group. We have regional offices in large towns around Denmark and subsidiaries in Norway and Sweden, where we are seeing strong growth.
With more than 700,000 customers, we are one of the largest pension companies in Denmark. We specialise in pensions, life insurance and health insurance and we have total pension funds of DKK 470 billion and annual contributions of DKK 36 billion. Danica Pension employs some 800 people.
Hybrid work arrangement and great work culture.
Danica is looking for a talented professional at the lead level to join their development team in Kuala Lumpur. The successful candidate is responsible to lead and mentor the software development team, provide strong leadership to ensure smooth delivery of newly developed applications and/or improving existing applications to meet the changing needs of our business and customers.
We are searching for a candidate with very strong passion in people management. You will ensure the development teams are kept highly motivated and are delivering good results. This person would be involved in some coordination with project stakeholders. Further, take the role as Product Owner and communicate the functional solution which need to be build and delivered by the team members. Solution building knowledge is an advantage, in order to discuss technical solutions in the team and between the team members.
You will work together with other Team Leads to plan and execute projects. You will ensure that teams have appropriate product knowledge, directions and resources to deliver products effectively.
You will be involved in Resource Management, Recruitment, on-boarding for new team members. You will also be responsible for performance appraisals held yearly for the team and involved in compiling feedbacks relevant parties. Apart from that you will be involved in personal development planning for the Software Development team.
The position brings a balanced blend of functional and people management challenges and as a result bring new challenges every day. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team.
• Minimum 5-6 years experience in Software Development, with 2-3 years managerial experience in a team leader role
• Strong management skills and dynamic leadership ability that can develop and energize a multi-disciplined and high-performance work group
• Proven experience in building, leading, mentoring and managing a team of technical specialists
• Experience in managing stakeholders, policies, processes, projects and governance matters.
• Systems building background and development knowledge
• Demonstrable ability to maintain productivity in an ever-changing environment with competing priorities
• Software development skills and understanding in one or more technology below - .NET, Java, ReactJS
• Ability to engage with the product development team to design, develop and document the solution
• Strong knowledge of architecture frameworks and design patterns
B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another technical field.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• Effective team and task management skills
• Ability to adapt
• Mentoring and provide guidance to team members
• Attitude to learn and execute
• Analytical problem-solving skills
• Ability to influence
• Like to work in a dynamic environment
• Work autonomously and attentive to details