Client : Gambit Financial Solutions
Industry : Financial Services
Gambit Financial Solutions is a company that provides investment advice software that helps digitize investment advisory, lowers costs of investments, and make investments more easily accessible for the masses. Created in 2007 by a group of scientists at HEC-University of Liège, Gambit has evolved into a full-fledge commercial company before being acquired by BNP Paribas Asset Management in 2017. Their software solutions for client profiling, portfolio optimization and risk management are used throughout Europe in various banks, insurances, private wealth institutions and other financial sectors. Gambit is a leader in constant evolution, continuously working closely with the academic community while heavily investing in R&D and innovation projects to improve the quality of services provided. Today, Gambit Financial Solutions counts over 80 employees across four branches in Europe and has recently opened a development center in KL. The ambition at Gambit is simple: to put customers at the heart of investment advice by use of innovative technology.
Fresh Graduates and Junior Developers are welcomed! We're looking for someone who's passionate about .NET technologies! You will be joining our Backend team developing financial solutions using C# .NET technologies. This is a great opportunity for you to join a newly created team and to be involved in a greenfield project right from the beginning. As a junior developer, you will be working alongside senior developers, where you can gain experience, exposure and growth within the team.
As a result of securing new investments from our parent company, BNP Paribas, we’re now expanding our KL team to develop a new platform for our B2B clients in the financial sector. This is an opportunity for you to join a newly created team and to be involved in a greenfield project right from the beginning. As a junior developer, you will be working alongside senior developers, where you can gain experience, exposure and growth within the team.
Integrated into a professional agile development team, you will develop and maintain Gambit software applications with demands coming either from client projects or from internal investments. You will intervene in all software layers ranging from database conception to service interfaces.
Depending on your progress and ability in mastering Gambit technical architecture and Gambit business, you will gain autonomy and you will gain autonomy and evolve in responsibility in the analysis and design of new features.
• Develop and implement new features and fixes with .NET ecosystem
• Produce clean and efficient code based on specifications
• Conduct testing for the features using unit and component tests
• Perform functional and technical analysis, and subsequently recommend and execute improvements to the application
• Utilize established development tools, guidelines and conventions
• Utilize recent and evolving technologies including but not limited to C#, .NET (Framework, Core, 6), MS SQL Server, Azure, Docker/Kubernetes
• Adapt to new technologies suitable for the development of the product
• Participate in Agile ceremonies
• Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
• Involve in code reviews for peers throughout each development phases
• Involves in setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps
• Strong interests and passionate about C# .NET programming
• Knowledge in software engineering specializing in software development projects.
• Knowledge in object-oriented conception.
• Knowledge of SQL language
Nice To Have:
• Knowledge in conducting unit tests
• Experience with Azure DevOps (it is a day-to-day tool in the company)
• Experience with Git
• Hands-on knowledge in various design patterns
• Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
• Experience with cloud technologies such as Azure, IBM Cloud or AWS
• Interested to work in Financial / Banking Application (Fintech Project)
• .NET ecosystem development technologies, preferably .NET Core
• Experience working with Agile, Scrum or Kanban methodologies
B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another technical field.
• Passionate about software development and new technologies
• Excellent and rigorous with quality in mind
• Team spirit while autonomous in work
• Motivated and flexible
• Positive and focused on solution.
• Willing to to take responsability
• Excellent English communication skills