Client : Danica Pension
Industry : Pension
Danske Bank is a Nordic bank with strong local roots and bridges to the rest of the world. For more than 145 years, we have helped people and businesses in the Nordics realise their ambitions. Today, we serve personal, business and institutional customers and in addition to banking services, we offer life insurance and pension, mortgage credit, wealth management, real estate and leasing services. In Denmark, Danske Bank’s roots go back to 1871, when Den Danske Landmandsbank was founded. Through the years, the bank has grown through mergers with many local and regional banks. One of the most important mergers took place in 1990, when Den Danske Landmandsbank merged with two other major Danish banks, making Danske Bank the largest bank in Denmark. Danica Pension is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Danske Bank Group. We have regional offices in large towns around Denmark and subsidiaries in Norway and Sweden, where we are seeing strong growth. With more than 600,000 customers, we are one of the largest pension companies in Denmark. We specialise in pensions, life insurance and health insurance and we have total pension funds of DKK 380 billion and annual contributions of DKK 33.8 billion. Danica Pension employs some 700 people.
* Opportunity to manage mid-sized (40 + and growing) * Scandinavian work culture
This Leadership role, for the Head of Software Engineering, offers the opportunity to manage a mid-sized (40+ and growing), highly motivated team consisting of development team leaders and technical professionals.
The Head of Software Engineering will get involved in multiple disciplines:
1. Act as program manager for project work to succeed.
2. Fill the role as local site manager in getting the office practical disciplines and people development.
3. Work with Team Leads to ensure that teams adhere to the discipline of exploiting the agile development process and have appropriate product knowledge, technical specifications, directions, tools, methodologies, and resources to deliver products effectively.
The Head of Software Engineering will be responsible to manage the development work performed by the Team Members. He/she will facilitate communication between Project and Product management and the team in Kuala Lumpur and from time to time, solve conflicts and remove obstacles that may arise. This person would be involved in coordination with many stakeholders surrounding the team and work together with eventual Team Leads or Tech Leads from different Teams to plan and execute development projects. It will be the responsibility of the Head of Software Engineering to perform management reporting to Danica Pension and INSCALE to address employee’s concerns, competencies development, as well as training needs for skills development.
• Guide and coach team development efforts towards successful project delivery
• Provide leadership to team members through coaching and mentorship.
• Collaborate with other business analysts and software architects to plan, design develop, test, and maintain web and desktop-based business applications.
• Overall responsible for the deliverables from Danica’s teams in Malaysia
• Ensure that the team’s work is directed to meet Danica’s requirements and processes, including feedback from business and product owners on the team’s deliverables, timing, and quality
• Establish the necessary procedures and controls to manage the team.
• Proactively design new processes to optimize the managed service model.
• In collaboration with the Team Leads, ensure the team is kept highly motivated and capable and are delivering good results
• Responsible for personal development for the Malaysia team.
• Grow a team to be open and highly spirited team, positive and always strive to improve customer digital experiences, collaborate actively and share knowledge, respects diversity.
• Minimum of 10 years working experience with 7 years in management/ leadership role in a software development organization.
• Strong understanding of Software Engineering processes, methodologies, requirements analysis. In this terminology understand Agile Methodology.
• Have good understanding in both the mainframe (pension/insurance) technical domain as well as the decentral cloud domain.
• You have experience in coding previously and have a solid understanding of a variety of programming tools and development platforms.
• Knowledge of database system design, concepts and techniques.
• Solid understanding of Agile development practices including Clean Code, Code Complete, TDD, Unit Testing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
• You have a successful track-record in building and scaling engineering teams by keeping high levels of satisfaction and motivation of each team member
• Experience in the management and development of other line managers and senior technical team members
• Ability to adapt and apply rapidly changing technology to business needs.
• Must demonstrate ability to solve complex issues quickly and creatively.
• Good planning skills – experience with handling multiple stakeholders under tight deadlines.
• Bachelor's Degree in IT or Computer Science