Client : Oodle Financial Services Limited
Industry : Financial Services
Oodle is one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the UK. Our technology is powering a revolution in automotive finance directly impacting peoples’ lives by enabling the fairest, quickest and most customer-centric motor finance products available to car buyers in the UK. As we scale beyond 500 people, we need talented leaders to join our amazing engineering team.
Oodle Car Finance is changing the way people buy cars, by putting our customers’ needs front and centre of the biggest retail market in the UK. We are bringing the used-car market bang up to date by building modern, digital, retail processes around what the customer actually needs. Although we primarily provide loans for our customers and link them up with some of the UK’s best car dealers (in one rapid, blink-and-you-miss-it, digital procedure), that is just the start. Our ultimate goal is to make buying a car as easy as buying a t-shirt on Amazon. With a glove box full of powerful algorithms (and investment from some of the world’s most reputable financial institutions) we have been building and developing a customer-first, fully integrated digital retail experience inspired by Amazon’s one-click model. We’re not quite there yet, but with our proprietary loan technology, machine learning, and Big Data infrastructure, we’re shooting for the stars.
To help us achieve our ultimate mission to create a best-in-class consumer experience - where our customers reap the benefits - we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team. Everyone at Oodle has an input on how we develop and how we change the game. We need outstanding people with buckets full of energy, desire, curiosity and a can-do attitude to thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
Oodle is ranked 14th in the “Times Top 100” list of best UK companies to work for, and 7th in the “Financial Services” category.
We're looking for Tech Lead (Full Stack) to help us achieve our ultimate mission to create a best-in-class consumer experience - where our customers reap the benefits - we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team.
• Manage, mentor and support your team
• Define and clearly communicate team vision, strategy and progress
• Establish team culture with emphasis on quality and engineering agility, removing barriers and enabling the team to be productive.
• Consistently assess, reward and support the growth of the team members to achieve the most in their careers.
• Set a culture of craftsmanship within the team and help teams make long term architectural decisions.
• Take the initiative and find creative ways to get work done.
• Put the customer at the heart of your work and strive to create an exceptional customer experience.
• Extensive recent experience in web engineering throughout the stack (Back end: Node.js. Front end: React, TypeScript, HTML, CSS)
• Experience with cloud infrastructure, ideally AWS
• Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools, ideally Terraform
• Principles of designing good APIs
Nice to Have:
• Some mobile application development experience
• Experience with product management: creating a roadmap, owning a backlog, running Scrum ceremonies for the team
• AWS Lambda, Docker, GraphQL