Client : Inscale Asia
Industry : Offshore Outsourcing
INSCALE is a European offshore development company with offices based in Denmark, Malaysia, Portugal, Ukraine and Macedonia. We establish permanent development teams for European and Australian companies with ongoing development of software applications. Each team works as an integrated part of the customer's organization. We offer our employees an opportunity to work on exciting projects and learn the western development procedures and culture. We have an informal management style where you will have autonomy and responsibility allowing you to develop your skills and grow your value as an IT professional.
We greatly value what our employees contribute to INSCALE, and always strive to reward our employees with challenging work and competitive environment. We are more than 500 employees representing numerous nationalities, which makes our work environment internationally oriented, diverse and encourages collaboration internally and regionally. For more information, see https://www.inscale.net/
Permanent position | MNC & MSC status Company | Digital Services | Project Management | Internal Development Team | Kuala Lumpur | Scandinavia Working Culture | Flexible Working Hours
We are currently looking for a Project Analyst for our Digital Services and Project Management team in KL. The team is in the process of digitalizing our company’s operation and developing a complete product suite as one integrated solution.
The development team is based in Kuala Lumpur and work closely with our Offshore Development Centres in Portugal, Macedonia and Ukraine.
To become a part of INSCALE’s team, it is important that you can manage your own contributions and have good communicative skills in written and oral English. The position requires that you have a proactive attitude and that you are a good team player, who is willing to share knowledge with your fellow colleagues.
You will be responsible for supporting and executing the day-to-day management and operation of the digital services. You may also be assigned to various digital projects, playing different roles in project management, business analysis, system implementation, vendor management and end user support. You will also be supporting our Global Head to perform all responsibilities assigned to the department.
1. Digital Project Implementation
- Conduct system walkthrough and module training of new system and features.
- Assist with the preparation of a variety of reports covering budget status, forecast reports and other project reports.
- Assist in performing application testing before prior to the production release.
- Work closely with the business owners or product owners to influence and understand the product vision, strategic product direction, and product roadmap.
- Understand the business objectives and rationales behind high level product features, analyze and translate them into detailed user requirements.
- Work with the software development team throughout the system development life cycle to deliver product features and solutions.
- Act as the key interface between relevant departments/units and/or external vendors.
- Coordinate with users in testing of new enhancements.
- Keep abreast of the business needs and propose new digital initiatives.
- Lead the business users in software evaluation, from both business functionality and technical capabilities aspects, and selection of qualified vendors for third party solutions.
- Support business users in liaison with vendors on all matters related to the software functionalities and evaluation activities such as, application demo, hands-on trial and clarifications with vendors.
- Perform budget estimation, seek budget approval, execute the procurement process and review or negotiate contract terms with vendors.
- Implement the new solution with business users.
- Define the production support model
2. Project Management
• Define project objectives and scope, perform project planning, executing, monitoring and project communications.
• Manages and monitors minor projects from concepts through implementation.
• Monitor and report on project progress against pre-determined scope, timeline, follow up and other specifications
• Mobilize the project team of the relevant functions and responsibilities from multiple departments or global offices
• Timely execution of all phases of digital projects which includes estimating, structuring, manage / control and transition to operation.
• Verify completion of deliverables for the projects and perform project closing.
3. Other Responsibilities related to Department’s Functions
• Support Global Head in drafting new policies, procedures and processes and getting approval from the higher management if applicable
• Assist in maintaining company contract documentation
• Ensure and monitor organizational compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) including sufficient protection provided by third parties, assessing the risk of data breach, stipulating the relevant data protection measures, negotiating terms with third parties and documenting relevant terms in the agreements, and assist in preparing the Data Processing Agreement when the company plays the role of Data Processor.
• Support client management activities related to department’s responsibilities
• Previously has worked as a Business Analyst or Project Manager
• Experience in requirement analysis and documentation
• Proven experience in managing project timeline
• Proven experience working within the SDLC
• Have worked with software development projects (*coding not required)
• Have previously worked with software houses or internal software development team
• Experience in system application implementations (bespoke and 3rd party applications)
• Have experience in managing 3rd party vendors
• Ability to analyze the current process and make improvement
• Proven experience in stakeholders’ management
• Good communication skills across business divisions and with different levels of seniority
• Fronting the business users
• Be able to work independently with minimum supervision
Nice to have:
• Experience in Agile development methodologies
• Knowledge of Jira
B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another technical field.