Client : Agreena
Industry : Financial Services
Awarded New Nordic fintech start-up, Agreena is on the journey of developing a digital trading platform for European agricultural commodities with a vision to democratize Agri trade flows/ trading. Agreena offers a 100% neutral platform for farmers and traders to buy and sell raw materials and carbon certificates. We help farmers by providing tools, services, and incentives to undergo radical transitions towards sustainable practices. Our technology platform both contains a marketplace helping farmers optimize the price of their products, and the latest AgreenaCarbon – our Carbon Payment Programme to help farmers fund their transition and optimize how cropland is managed.
Our mission is to provide farmers with new opportunities to invest in an ever more sustainable future, both commercially and environmentally. We are a technology company with a multisided platform, built on modern & proprietary code with access for farmers, farm advisors, carbon certificate buyers and many more. Agreena has the solutions to drive environmental and financial sustainability in agriculture. While most people rarely think about agriculture – it is one of the biggest industries in the world and succeeding with our mission can result in billions of Euros saved and megatons of CO2e removed.
Recruiting ROR Developers with 2 years of experience and must show a proven Ruby / Rails development skills and be familiar with Object-Oriented Design, TDD, and REST APIs. 100% Remote acceptable, expected to travel every quarter to meet the team
To become a part of ROR team, it is important that you can understand business requirements and transform them into good software solutions. You must also be able to manage your own contributions and have good communication skills in written and oral English. The position requires that you have a proactive attitude and that you are a good team player, who is willing to share knowledge with your fellow colleagues.
Other responsibilities include:
• Partake in planning the development of new product paths.
• Develop new features.
• Add integrations to 3rd party services.
• Improve the code to increase performance.
• Maintain current platform.
• 2 years of experience and embrace technical challenges with a continuous eagerness to learn.
• You must show a proven Ruby / Rails development skills and familiar with Object-Oriented Design, TDD and REST APIs
Good to have:
• Experience with integration 3nd party APIs
• SQL (Postgres)
• some experience with deployment and other dev-ops configurations with technologies like Heroku, Docker and/or AWS services such as: S3, EC2
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• A self-starter with minimal supervision
• Solid team player
• Attitude to learn and execute
• Analytical problem-solving skills
• Like to work in a dynamic environment
• Work autonomously and attentive to details
• Vision for long team plans
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• Expected to travel every quarter to meet the team.