Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
INSCALE is maintaining a high-performing offshore development team for WS Audiology based in Skopje, Macedonia. The team is working closely with the team in Denmark in developing and maintaining its portfolio of software applications.
WS Audiology develops user-friendly and technically challenging apps for various purposes such as remote control of hearing aids, assisting hearing loss, and supporting our business. The app development team is a cross-functional team with a graphical designer, UX designers, Fitting Audiologists (hearing loss and hearing aid specialists), testers, and app developers.
The team is using a scrum-based development method with a dedicated full-time scrum-master, and close cooperation with our product owners, embedded software developers, and hardware engineers.
As an Android Developer in the app team, you will be responsible for the development, maintenance, and support of mobile applications on the Android platform. You will work closely with the team based in Denmark and participate fully in all aspects of the development process, from feature design and estimation to architecture, technical design, and development. The primary language we use for development is Kotlin. We pride ourselves in adopting the latest features that Kotlin as the language provides, but also the implementation of the newest Android technologies - which we are using on our IoT product.
- 3+ years of professional development experience with Android
- Strong hands-on experience in Kotlin & Java
- Takes pride in writing SOLID and testable code every day
- Knowledgeable in best practices, design patterns, and architecture on Android
- Have worked on several Android projects released in Google Play store
- Experience with git and continuous integration tools will be a plus
- Experience with Bluetooth/BLE connected devices or related app to hardware connectivity is a plus
- Passionate about your work and keep up to date with the latest technology and methods within mobile application development
- Strong spirit of innovation and the ability to come up with solutions to meet business problems
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate in a diverse and multicultural team
- Able to adapt to rapid changing Agile/Scrum development process
- Positive energy, open-mindedness, and a strong proactive attitude
- Fluent in verbal and written English
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent working experience
Willing to travel to Denmark for introduction, training, and teambuilding activities when conditions again allow traveling