Client : Topdanmark
Industry : IT
Topdanmark is Denmark's second largest insurance company, and they are happy to have a wide and numerous range of customers, i.e. more than one million personal customers, every second Danish farm and one in six businesses in Denmark. They think it is an exciting challenge to supply attractive and up-to-date products to modern consumers and to be a competent partner in a lively and dynamic market. Topdanmark is a publicly traded company with headquarters in Ballerup.
Topdanmark has 2,400 employees across the country (350 IT employees). Their principal task is to help those people who have shown confidence in them by letting them manage insurance policies or pension schemes. Topdanmark offers an attractive workplace with high professionalism and job satisfaction. You will get to work with competent and motivated colleagues in an atmosphere of mutual trust.
For more information, see www.topdanmark.com
We are hiring Guidewire/Gosu specialist to join us to run a huge Guidewire implementation project.
As a Topdanmark Guidewire IT specialist, you will be working in the non-life insurance policy administration space.
You will be working on a team to implement - and later further develop and maintain Guidewire in Topdanmark.
You will have the following responsibilities:
• Design, configure/develop, and unit test solutions using Guidewire PolicyCenter (or) Portal product
Participate in all phases from requirements/scoping through deployment:
- Coordination of dependencies
- Workshop plan and execution
- Capture and understand business requirements and domain
- Design and create deliverables
- Configuration and development
- Implementation and testing
• Build expertise in key technical, functional, and professional skills
• Participating in planning and coordinating own/team's activities to meet deliverable commitments and quality expectations
• Implement better and/or innovative ways to meet goals or overcome obstacles
• Work collaboratively with other team members (Topdanmark on-site/offshore, System integrator, Guidewire) from different disciplines and backgrounds
• Review the design and code of team members and peers
• Clearly communicate, work with onsite/offshore teams and architect as required to deliver effectively
• Work with other internal IT teams (including users, onshore and offshore)
• Provide technical integration and configuration guidance, coaching for the team to deliver
To succeed in this role, we will need you to have:
• Relevant years of experience in the software industry
• Knowledge of JAVA and/or GOSU coding languages
• Experience working with databases, preferably SQL
• Minimum 4 years of work experience with basic knowledge of insurance products and processes
• Minimum 2 years of agile delivery experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience with P&C insurance policy administration
• Minimum 2 years of Guidewire Policy Center/Billing Center/ Portals OR insurance domain
• Working closely with Business to define and document requirements
Extra points when we assess your application:
• Hands-on experience with full-stack development
• Good exposure to REST / SOAP
• Familiar with Jenkins
• Familiarity with source control systems such as Git
• P&C insurance business processes and operating model development
• Understanding of the processes required to define a new insurance product, including product definition, rating, and rules
• Full understanding of the policy administration life cycle from quote to bind, transactions, and renewals
• Understanding of billing administration lifecycle from premium issuance and scheduling to earned premium collection and write-off
You would also:
• Be a team player and have experience working in international teams (incl. cultural awareness, virtual/remote working)
• Be proactive within the organisation and wants to do more and experience new projects or tasks
• Have strong communication skills to communicate with team members, stakeholders, and end-users
• Be ready to question, has a natural habit of sharing knowledge
• Have a commitment to collaborative problem solving and product quality as it is essential
• Be accustomed and comfortable working within a team-based, experimental agile environment (Scrum Team) that is centric to development
• Be ready for long term commitment, responsible, reliable, loyal, and a contributor
• Engage actively with your teammates. Values "us" over "me"
What’s in it for you?
• A great work culture
• A super-skilled yet non-conventional team where your team members are constantly helping each other improve and shine as a team
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• Travel to Denmark for induction and subsequence travel depends on the project requirement but is likely
*Note: during Covid19 situation, all are done online, no travel involved