Client : Napier Technologies Limited (Malaysia)
Industry : Other
Napier Technologies Limited is a Big Data start-up company in Central London (Smithfields/Farringdon). Advanced AML platform designed and built by leading experts. We replace or reinforce existing AML processes, identify previously unknown threats and strengthen controls. Our goal: to combat evolving threats and reduce financial and reputational risk.
Our product ingests large amounts of data then enriches and scores it in flexible ways to allow anomalies to be detected and dealt with. We have an underlying platform with generic capabilities and then build industry-specific solutions on top of that that solve real-world problems. In the finance sector we provide a solution around Anti-Money-Laundering and Transaction Monitoring and have a blue-chip partner who takes our solution to market. Version one of our product is live and deployed in real, revenue earning, world-wide projects Transaction Monitoring and have a blue-chip partner who takes our solution to market. Version one of our product is live and deployed in real, revenue earning, world-wide projects.
Napier is unique in having an integrated platform. Opportunity to enjoy your work with senior engineers, architects, scientists, and managers that understand the value of technology. There will be training opportunities in critical technologies such as Azure, Terraform and Ansible.
The role will be a mix of Azure administration, Linux system administration and technical application configuration. This will require a wide range of skills and an ability to problem-solve, especially around network configurations.
The role will involve hands-on support of infrastructure (both private cloud resources as well as physical resources such as laptops and workstations.) This will include configuring networking for both virtual and physical environments, the creation of virtual machines and installation and hardening of host operating systems and networking, including certification management. Working with automated application roll-out scripts to perform complex installations across multiple nodes in Azure subnets and ensure end-to-end connectivity from clients over VPN-based connections.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Responding to incidents and problems, to internal and external stakeholders, third party suppliers and users within SLAs
• Management of support tickets and drive remedial work to mitigate an incident
• Incident triaging with ability to multi-task and prioritise
• Investigation and resolution of outages or abnormal system behaviours
• Work with IT Ops and Network Operating System to improve monitoring and response to alerts
•2+ years of experience in an IT operational position
•2+ years of Linux administration
•Experience of working in an ISO 27001 / SOC 2 certified organization
•Working with project teams to understand customer timeframes and requirements
Must Have Skills:
• Linux system administration (Ubuntu or RHEL, for preference), including shell scripting
• Network configuration (certificate management, firewall, network security)
• Ansible or any configuration management tools
• Virtual machine commission (VMWare, Azure, AWS etc.)
• Working with project teams to understand customer timeframes and requirements
• Experience of working in an ISO 27001 / SOC 2 certified organisations
Good to Have Skills:
• Azure VM management, including Azure Web Application Gateway, Azure Defender
• Linux Server Hardening experience
• NGINX configuration
• Experience in set-up or running of : Elastic Search, Cassandra, Kafka, Mesos, Marathon, Kubernetes, Podman
• Change Management processes
• VPN set-up/configuration, firewall configuration
Bachelor of IT or any relevant degrees