Client : Topdanmark
Industry : IT
Topdanmark is Denmark's second largest insurance company, and they are happy to have a wide and numerous range of customers, i.e. more than one million personal customers, every second Danish farm and one in six businesses in Denmark. They think it is an exciting challenge to supply attractive and up-to-date products to modern consumers and to be a competent partner in a lively and dynamic market. Topdanmark is a publicly traded company with headquarters in Ballerup.
Topdanmark has 2,400 employees across the country (350 IT employees). Their principal task is to help those people who have shown confidence in them by letting them manage insurance policies or pension schemes. Topdanmark offers an attractive workplace with high professionalism and job satisfaction. You will get to work with competent and motivated colleagues in an atmosphere of mutual trust.
For more information, see www.topdanmark.com
We are currently expanding Topdanmark’s current offshore setup in Malaysia, with a Mid/Senior Full Stack Java Developer for their department called Omnichannel Support (DI Team).
Omnichannel Support DI is responsible for Topdanmark’s digital communication infrastructure and their company electronic archive. This product is to be used by internal customers, but we also have services that delivers data to our self-service channels which is used by our customers.
• You will be responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation and on-time delivery of new solutions and maintenance of both new & existing solutions. The primary work will be based on the Java
framework. New application will use Java continuous delivery, but we also have older solutions on Java and Mule.
• The ideal candidates will need the capability to cover business analysis, software development, automated testing, and documentation. The team is focused on DevOps processes and therefore also maintain their applications themselves.
• You will also be required to understand and question business requirements and analyse the existing system to develop the smartest solutions.
• You will be working in a cross functional, agile scrum team, with colleagues located in Denmark and Kuala Lumpur. Therefore, you should exhibit excellent communication skills and possess self-motivation to remain current in both application development practices and technology industry standards.
We are seeking developers who are not afraid to put themselves into complex environments where they need to work with multiple technologies. Along with strong coding, analytical and problem-solving skills, you should have a desire to work in an integration team and environment.
• This role consists of approximately 80% Backend and 20% Frontend Development.
• The ideal candidate will need to enjoy or want to work with backend development.
• A team player and have experience in working in international teams (incl. cultural awareness, virtual/ remote working).
• A self-starter with minimal supervision required. Someone who can work individually within a team environment.
• Good written and spoken English skills and speaks up! You should be comfortable in low hierarchy
• Easy going – and comfortable with direct communication among peers.
• To be proactive within the organisation and want to do more and experience new projects or tasks.
• Strong communication skills are required to communicate with team members, stakeholders, and end users.
• Ready to question, has a natural habit of sharing knowledge.
• A commitment to collaborative problem solving and product quality is essential.
• Be accustomed and comfortable working within a team-based, experimental agile environment (Scrum Team) that is centric to development.
• Ready for long term commitment
High (Must have experience):
• Backend: Java 8, J2EE/Springboot, JPA /Hibernate
• API documentation : RAML, YAML (OpenAPI 3.0 /Swagger)
• Build management: Maven (other tools are acceptable)
• Repository: Git/GitHub
• Runtime server: JBOSS/Wildfly
• API testing: Postman/Insomnia
• Unit Testing: Junit
• DB : MSSQL (SQL Server), T-SQL, RDBMS
Nice to have:
• Apache camel (Very nice to have)
• Design skills (multithread & concurrency & batch process & scheduler)
• Template: Freemarker
• Experience working within a DevOps team or open to DevOps mindset.
Travel to Denmark for induction and subsequence travel depend on project requirement but must be expected.
*Note: during Covid19 situation, all are done online, no travel involved.