Client : SEB Pension
Industry : Pension
The SEB Asian Development Center is looking for an IT Professional to work in their Development Center in Kuala Lumpur. The successful candidate will be an important part of the IT Development Group. We are looking for candidates who are interested in developing their career as the software development team in Kuala Lumpur grows. Successful candidates should enjoy working in a challenging team environment; have the enthusiasm and ambition to complete projects to the highest standard and want to be part of an organization that puts customer satisfaction at the heart of everything it does. We are looking for individuals with an ambition to succeed!
SEB (Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken) was founded in Stockholm in 1856. SEB is a leading Nordic financial services group with a strong belief that entrepreneurial minds and innovative companies are key in creating a better world. SEB takes a long-term perspective and supports its customers in good times and bad. In Sweden and the Baltic countries, SEB offers financial advice and a wide range of financial services. In Denmark, Finland, Norway and Germany the bank's operations have a strong focus on corporate and investment banking based on a full-service offering to corporate and institutional clients. The international nature of SEB's business is reflected in its presence in some 20 countries worldwide. The Group has around 15,000 employees.
• Opportunity to work on multiple products, tools, and technologies • Work with multicultural teams within Malaysia & Sweden • Scandinavian workplace culture (work-life balance, flat organization structure) • A highly autonomous team structure with a lot of freedom and ownership
We are looking for a passionate Frontend Developer to join our Kuala Lumpur team. You will be part of the team that is responsible for the design, Frontend development, testing, documentation of various Business Applications. You will get the opportunity to work on the latest technology and influence on technology. You will be working across different projects/teams to ensure that we have some common structure for the Frontend components.
Your responsibilities will include:
• To design and develop the Frontend components for responsive web applications and websites.
• Writing efficient, clean, maintainable, high-performance code.
• Helping designers and backend developers, and businesses to build Web Applications.
• understand and question business requirements and analyze the existing system to develop the smartest solutions.
We are seeking developers who are not afraid to put themselves into complex environments and be independent where they need to work with multiple technologies. Along with strong coding skills, you should also have a desire to engage the business, and continuously develop yourself and your skills through your curiosity. Our team also contributes to the Opensource Community whenever possible.
You will be working in a cross-functional, agile team, with colleagues located in Europe and Kuala Lumpur. Therefore, you should exhibit excellent communication skills and possess the self-motivation to remain current in both application development practices and technology industry standards.
• Experience with either Angular 2+/ React; and willing to learn and adapt to other frameworks.
• Experience in dataflow technologies such as Redux/ RxJS/ Angular Services etc.
• Must have working knowledge of responsive design or adaptive UI.
• Good understanding of REST web services.
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
Good to have:
• Able to set best practices, self-driven and provide solutions.
• Experience in front-end architecture.
• Working knowledge of code bundling, task running and package management.
• Exposure to Agile / SCRUM methodology.
• Basic understanding of NodeJS, .NET or JAVA.
• Experience with Cordova / PWA / React Native.
• Basic understanding of creating installable NPM packages.
• TypeScript experience.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• A self-starter with minimal supervision
• Solid team player
• Attitude to learn and execute
• Analytical problem-solving skills
• Like to work in a dynamic environment
• Work autonomously and attentive to details
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• You may be required to travel to Sweden depending on project requirements