We are looking for someone with a flair for turning business needs into valuable software solutions. Someone with a passion for problem-solving who takes pride in building quality software that has a great impact on its users. Being able to spot dependencies and the potential reusability of components in a complex system will additionally be very beneficial. If you have an analytical and creative approach to fulfilling business needs and enjoy solving problems together with other engineers, you will fit well into our team.
The Schilling system consists of a large range of applications for publishers such as tools for rights, royalty and project management. The publishing industry is constantly evolving, and so is the system that helps growing it. You will play an important part in the continuous development of our products and will work on new and exciting solutions that meet the emerging needs and demands within publishing. You will maintain the applications, ensure robustness and optimize the performance throughout the system. Contributing with functionality to our web-based solutions will be natural part your work. Your creativity and problem-solving abilities will continuously be challenged when you envision and implement tomorrows web applications for authors and publishers.
You will be part of our development team in Skopje that consists of both, back end and front end developers. You will be collaborating closely with them as well as your colleagues in our headquarter in Denmark. Schilling employs approximately twenty developers and software architects with high degree of experience, and there will be plenty of knowledge sharing and opportunity for developing your professional skills.
For this position, it is important that you have:
• At least 2 years of experience developing software in C++
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• The ability and desire to write readable and reusable code
• Experience in writing SQL and working with relational databases
• Experience with version control and build/release processes
• Good English communication skills, both written and spoken
Additionally, it will be beneficial if you have experience
• Designing and writing test automation scripts
• Developing applications with the Qt framework
• Working in the systems JIRA and Confluence