Client : Napier Technologies Limited
Industry : Other
Napier Technologies Limited is a Big Data start-up company in Central London (Smithfields/Farringdon). Advanced AML platform designed and built by leading experts. We replace or reinforce existing AML processes, identify previously unknown threats and strengthen controls. Our goal: to combat evolving threats and reduce financial and reputational risk. Our product ingests large amounts of data then enriches and scores it in flexible ways to allow anomalies to be detected and dealt with. We have an underlying platform with generic capabilities and then build industry-specific solutions on top of that that solve real-world problems. In the finance sector we provide a solution around Anti-Money-Laundering and Transaction Monitoring and have a blue-chip partner who takes our solution to market. Version one of our product is live and deployed in real, revenue earning, world-wide projects Transaction Monitoring and have a blue-chip partner who takes our solution to market. Version one of our product is live and deployed in real, revenue earning, world-wide projects.
Currently, we are assisting Napier in extending a team of talented specialists who can hit the ground running and take the product to the next level. Napier is a product company, providing advanced Anti-Money Laundering (AML) solutions to over a hundred customers around the world.
Napier is looking for the Front-end Developer who can take ideas/concepts from a product owner and come up with interesting and usable user-interfaces to put into a product. We’re looking for someone to work both on improving the existing products and develop whole new areas. We’re “big data” so visualization, data selection, and dealing with large data sets are important.
Our stack is Elastic, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, Angular with Docker/Mesos/Marathon for deployment. You’ll get the opportunity to work on leading-edge technology, trying out ideas and new ways to solve problems before getting them into production environments.
At least 3+ years’ hands-on experience in front end development
• At least 1+ year of experience in Angular 2/4/6 or similar frameworks such as React/Redux
• Solid UI design skills are highly appreciated
• Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
• Web application experience
• Upper-Intermediate level of English
• Ability to research and solve the problem efficiently
• Ability to work as a part of an international team spanning several time zones
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to align own activities with project requirements seamlessly
Would be a plus:
• Git (or source control systems such as Mercurial/SVN/CVS)
• Experience developing with RESTful services
• Understanding of development methodologies (e.g. Agile)
• Product-based development experience
Nice to have
• Technologies that demonstrate experience with other areas of software development like backend (Java/Spring), mobile (Android, iOS, ionic, react native)
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Сandidate may be required to travel to London from time to time depending on the project requirement
• Creative, challenging, and fast-growing product
• Autonomous team structure with a lot of freedom and ownership
• Opportunities to own development start to finish
• Broad and advanced technology stack – huge opportunity to learn
• Friendly and dynamic work environment
• Informal style of leadership and communication
• Opportunity to enjoy working with senior engineers, architects, scientists, and managers that understand the value of technology
• Health insurance including dental care, inpatient/outpatient treatment, massage, etc.
• Flexible working arrangements: from 8-10 am to 5-7 pm
• 22 workdays of annual vacation
• Free English classes
• Modern office facilities in the city center (Gulliver BC, Palats Sportu metro station)
• Team buildings and fun activities
• The dynamic and friendly work environment
• Snacks in the office