Client : Napier Technologies Limited (Malaysia)
Industry : Other
Napier Technologies Limited is a Big Data start-up company in Central London (Smithfields/Farringdon). Advanced AML platform designed and built by leading experts. We replace or reinforce existing AML processes, identify previously unknown threats and strengthen controls. Our goal: to combat evolving threats and reduce financial and reputational risk.
Our product ingests large amounts of data then enriches and scores it in flexible ways to allow anomalies to be detected and dealt with. We have an underlying platform with generic capabilities and then build industry-specific solutions on top of that that solve real-world problems. In the finance sector we provide a solution around Anti-Money-Laundering and Transaction Monitoring and have a blue-chip partner who takes our solution to market. Version one of our product is live and deployed in real, revenue earning, world-wide projects Transaction Monitoring and have a blue-chip partner who takes our solution to market. Version one of our product is live and deployed in real, revenue earning, world-wide projects.
All financial institutions have legal and regulatory obligations to prevent money laundering and the funding of terrorism. The current marketplace is dominated by legacy technology providers, addressing individual elements of customers’ requirements. Interested to work in unique integrated platform apply now.
We are currently assisting our client Napier to set up a Team in the Kuala Lumpur office. You will be the local team leader working in the Client Services team and be responsible for a mixed team of project-based (Professional Services) and Customer Support resources.
Responsibilities will include:
• Mentoring and developing staff
• Providing client support
• Working on professional services functions
The role will suit an individual with a strong technical background in data integration and networking with excellent communication skills who wants to take on more responsibility for client projects.
The successful candidate will be expected to be hands-on, ultimately offering technical leadership on a day to day activities.
You should expect to be working on multiple projects around the world at one time and will need to assist the Napier professional services team in delivering your solution for clients.
Working with the Head of Services, we will need to build out an efficient process to migrate clients from legacy Napier products.
Note: Working hours will be following Malaysia normal working hours
A good understanding of a broad range of hardware and software technologies, including:
• MS Server technologies, SQL server
• Any Scripting language (Groovy / PERL/ Python)
• Microsoft Excel
Practical experience of web-based architectures and solutions:
• JSON, HTTP(S), certificates, RESTful architectures, XML
Data Integration technologies including data transformation:
• Any ETL tools (for example, Apache Nifi)
• Secure data transfer knowledge
Experience and a good understanding of ITIL processes
Nice to have:
• Apache Groovy
• Cassandra & Elasticsearch
• Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, proxies, gateways, firewalls etc)
• IT Security
• ITIL Certification
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Proficiency in the Mandarin language is an added advantage
• Excellent client communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proven ability to work with both client and internal teams to tight deadlines
• Excellent time management skills
• Good problem-solving skills
• A financial services background would be an advantage, preferably with experience of compliance and AML solutions
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience with passion and proof of work also can be considered.
• You may be required to travel to UK depending on project requirement.