Client : Intelliflo (Malaysia)
Industry : Financial Services
Intelliflo has been providing information technology services to financial services companies since its formation in 2004. Its leading web-based practice management software, Intelligent Office, is the most widely used by new UK financial advisers* and helps financial businesses large and small to improve efficiency and increase profits. Intelligent Office supports over 2,300 firms and over 21,250 users with assets under advice of £379 billion (as at 1 July 2018). Intelliflo was named Best Technology Provider 2017 and 2018 at the Professional Adviser Awards and Best Back Office System 2017 and 2018 by Professional Paraplanner magazine. ISO27001 accreditation assures advisers that their data is safeguarded within a high-quality security management framework.
We’re at an exciting stage of growth and we are currently setting up a new development team in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.
The initial focus of the role is to establish a new development team, run successful product developments and to ensure effective integration within the wider organization. You will need to absorb and promote client’s mission, vision and values within your team.
You’ll be working with a hugely talented team delivering software using micro-services architecture underpinned by continuous delivery in an Agile environment. You will provide a strong technical guidance to your team, as well as having a key focus on team development.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Being an ambassador for client’s mission, vision and values within a newly forming team in Kuala Lumpur.
• Liaise with colleagues onsite on reviewing and aligning product roadmap and scope for projects to be run with high degree of autonomy from Kuala Lumpur office.
• To take responsibility for the design, build, testing and release of working software assigned to you and your team.
• To contribute towards and ensure adherence with development standards, guidelines, and best practices agreed by the team.
• Help identify and investigate new technologies and product opportunities that could be used to generate competitive advantage.
• Proactively ensure a high standard of engineering by developing and maintaining team standards, documentation, tools, and best practices.
• Provide technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members.
• Take a key role in future recruitment for additional planned growth into the Kuala Lumpur office.
• 7+ years of experience with a strong background in software engineering specializing in medium to large scale software development projects
• 1 to 2 years of experience in a role(s) where you had direct leadership and responsibility for software engineers on your team.
• A proficient and dedicated experienced developer specializing in the .NET stack.
• Technologies stack: C#, ASP.NET MVC & WebAPI, SQL Server 2008+, NHibernate or equivalent ORM and NUnit or equivalent testing framework. Agile methodology implementation (XP/TDD/Code Review, Continuous Integration etc.)
• Mature Development Practices
• Strong Modelling skills and experience
• Strong Testing skills and experience
• Experience in team management, task management (estimation, project plans code reviews);
• Clear communicator both written and spoken
• Proven ability to deliver commercial software to deadlines
• Strong working knowledge of Agile/Scrum Methodologies
We’d love it if:
• Some experience in Python
• Experience in ASP.Net Core
• Experience building or maintaining cloud-native applications
• Experience with Git and GitHub
• Experience with distributed systems design
• Experience with terminal services (PowerShell/Bash)
• Experience with containers (Docker)
• A Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with strong academic achievements
• You will be travelling to Kington, UK for a 2-week induction and may travel to other client offices as needed.