Client : SEB Pension
Industry : Pension
The SEB Life Division is looking for a IT professional to work in their Life and Pension and Asian Development Centre. The successful candidate will be an important part of the SEB Life Division IT Development Group. We are looking for candidates who are interested in developing their career as the software development team in Kuala Lumpur grows. Successful candidates should enjoy working in a challenging team environment; have the enthusiasm and ambition to complete projects to the highest standard and want to be part of an organization that puts customer satisfaction at the heart of everything it does. We are looking for individuals with an ambition to succeed! SEB (Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken) was founded in Stockholm in 1856. Today SEB is a Northern European bank and pension group, with five million customers and 20,000 employees in more than 20 countries. The SEB Life Division alone has 1.8 million customers in the Nordic and Baltic region with a managed capital worth SEK 424 billion (RM 193 billion). In Sweden, we are the market leader in the Life Insurance business with a market share of 24.1%. SEB Life International, part of the SEB Life division, is a life insurance company based in Ireland which engages in the cross-border distribution of insurance products to several European markets. We specialize in the provision of tailored insurance solutions to suit customers with complex investment needs, and we are committed to building strong customer relationships and provide world class service throughout the lifetime of our relationships. Our distribution channels are varied, with tied agents in Sweden & Finland, independent Intermediaries in our European markets and international Private Banking channels primarily in Luxembourg.
SEB ADC is looking for an IT professional to join our mainframe development team in Kuala Lumpur. The applications are built on SEB’s IBM mainframe running Z/OS, developed in COBOL, Assembler, JCL running against DB2 and IMS DB.
This incumbent needs to be capable to cover business analysis and software development, covering areas of functional specification, design and technical specification, coding, documentation, and testing.
Each team member would have solid COBOL experience. They would have the same core experience in their own field. You would also work concurrently with the team in Sweden in an Agile environment.
• Must have experience in JCL and TSO
• Recent hands-on experience on Cobol
• Experience in any relational database
• Be accountable for assisting in the requirement gathering, create &
review designs and adherence to standards.
• Ability to analyze a problem, organize thoughts and recommend
• Develop diagrams outlining the solution to be implemented.
• Create, design, code, debug, maintain, test, implement and validate
• Be responsible for maintaining project and system documentation
Good to have:
• Experience in IMS DL/I is nice to have.
• Experience in IBM Websphere Debug Tool, Platinum, Fault Analyzer,
Endevor, DMR Data Manager or Jlog
• Experience in Mainframe Express Micro Focus (MFE)
• Work within an agile team.
• Be an active participant in all agile scrum ceremonies
• Experience in DB2 and SQL
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• A self-starter with minimal supervision
• Solid team player
• Attitude to learn and execute
• Analytical problem-solving skills
• Like to work in a dynamic and an international environment
• Work autonomously and attentive to details
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• You may be required to travel to Sweden depending on project requirements