Client : TimeLog
Industry : Software
TimeLog delivers software on a SaaS platform to more than 2000 customers in 21 countries with more than 20,000 daily users. TimeLog is currently the market leader in Scandinavia and is growing its presence outside Scandinavia rapidly. TimeLog pursues a strategy that will make them the preferred company within web-based management tools. Timelog’s main customers are consultancies, IT services and IT departments in SME private and public organizations. TimeLog believe that excellence is created through a combination of business knowledge, user friendliness and application development. TimeLog is constantly developing and improving its product portfolio by collaborating closely with customers when developing new products. That ensures higher quality and user friendliness. To be able to achieve the goal of being one of the market leaders in Europe, TimeLog is constantly using the newest and best technologies available on the market.
We are currently assisting TimeLog to expand their existing team in Malaysia in hiring a Software Tester.
As a Software Tester in TimeLog you will work in a dedicated team to continuously improve and extend the software products of the company. Your tasks will be mainly focused on functional testing of the developed code and assisting the senior tester in driving the creation of an automated testing framework for the product. You will also to some extend be validating and locating the exact point of failure for bugs reported in the production system by the end users.
Involve in testing and test planning of TimeLog project. This includes:
• Data and system setup, management of test data.
• Planning test activities of assigned work for optimal and efficient testing results.
• Creation of test case, test report, test result and test summary report where appropriate for TimeLog projects.
• Logging and tracking of software faults for TimeLog Project.
• Liaising with TimeLog software development, customer support and management regarding ambiguous functionality.
• Develop, maintain and execute automated test suites.
The team consist of 14 people with 12 Developers, a Senior Tester, a Manager and a Product Owner. The Test team and 8 developers are located in Kuala Lumpur and the rest of the team is in Denmark. The team works as one team and corporate flawlessly between the two offices. We have a high priority on team spirit, expects everyone to participate actively and to help each other improve their technical abilities.
You will be referencing directly to the Head of R&D & Operations at TimeLog in Denmark, but on a day to day basis you will be collaborating with and take instructions from of our local team lead and the senior tester. TimeLog has implemented Scrum as their development process so you have opportunity to learn and participate.
• Positive attitude and an energetic approach.
• Fast learner, ambitious and willing to do an extra effort to succeed.
• Proactive attitude and an outspoken personality.
• Excellent written and spoken English communication.
• Willingness to adopt to the TimeLog culture and participate in making it stronger.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• At least 2 years’ hands-on experience in software testing.
• Basic understanding of programming concepts.
• Basic knowledge of SQL.
Knowledge in the following areas would be an advantage:
• CTFL – Certified Testing Foundation Level.
• Basic experience with C#.
• Basic experience with .NET web development (ASP.NET, MVC).
• Experience with debugging in Visual Studio environment.
• Knowledge in Test automation using Selenium.
• Knowledge in any scripting language is an added advantage.
• You may be required to travel to Europe depending on project requirement.