We are currently assisting Santiane in setting up a development team in Kiev, consisting of an initial deployment of one PHP/MySQL Tech Lead, two Senior PHP/MySql Developers and one QA Automation Engineer.
This position reports to the Product Owner and you will be responsible in improving the performance and reliability of Santiane’s application. For this goal, all the application will be reengineered step by step, using CQRS model, and some new technologies will be added like RabbitMQ, Nuxeo and Event Sourcing.
You will be responsible for:
• Suggesting and bringing new technologies and methods in the respect of what can be done in the existing technical environment is a credo
• Working on the architecture, and working on existing applications is not a problem for you, as much in the development phase as run
• Working with Product Owner/Agile Coach to make good choices/decisions
• Focus on helping the team - mentoring, developing and guiding other developers
• Business acumen/business savvy – ability to quickly understand the applications and think about how to make a good application
• At least 7 years of backend experience with PHP/MySQL
• PHP/MySQL specialist, with knowledge of some frameworks
• Understanding of MVC patterns
• No insurance domain experience required, only the interest to understand the business logic
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• A self-starter with minimal supervision
• Solid team player
• Attitude to learn and execute
• Analytical problem-solving skills
• Like to work in a dynamic and an international environment
• Work autonomously and attentive to details
• CodeIgniter is a very big plus.
• Event sourcing
• A Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline with strong academic achievements
• 1st team trip of 3-4 days to Nice is planned. Following business travel will be determined and agreed upon project needs.